Thursday, August 1, 2013

Bike Loot July 2013 Unboxing & Review!

Last week I received another GREAT box from Bike Loot to review! I was SUPER pleased with this month's box, as I was last months. If you didn't read last month's review, you can click HERE. For those of you that don't know, Bike Loot is a monthly biking subscription box that gives you 5-7 samples from the top leading cycling industry companies all for a low price! The box is $10 + $3.95 shipping. Or you can purchase 3 months for $8 + $3.95 shipping! Both are cheap for what you receive in your boxes! Now, I’m not an extreme cyclist, but I ride my bike as a hobby. I’m not a professional in any way, but I loved this box! I love that it gives you products that you can use with your bike, or for other circumstances as well, such as exercising without your bike. Let's get into this months awesome box!

009

This is a quick look at my wonderful box :)

023The first thing in the box was a card (I know it's hard to read) that says "BikeLoot went Yellow to celebrate the 100th TOUR de FRANCE" On the back are some codes to get percentages off an order for specific items. I will list them with the items!

022Next was the information card. This month it read "I thought of that while riding my bike"- Albert Einstein.

024The first item in the box is an Aero Shot Energy in Raspberry. Aero Shot is an air based energy shot that delivers a unique blend of 100mg caffeine plus B Vitamins that start working right away! All you do is pull the colored piece at the bottom, insert the other end into your mouth, breathe in, and swallow! From the card:
"AeroShot Energy: The energy of the future is here! AeroShot Energy delivers a unique blend of 100mg of caffeine (one cup of coffee) plus B vitamins. No calories to fill you up. No liquids to slow you down, and no mystery ingredients. AeroShot Energy is all of the energy, none of the other stuff. The Loot Dudes freakin' love this one-of-a-kind energy on all of their rides!"

I'm not going to lie, I'm not crazy about these things. I actually don't even like them. I've tried the Green Apple shot before, and didn't think it was too bad, so I thought trying the Raspberry might not be bad either. But I was wrong. When you draw the "air" into your mouth, you get a blast of gross, medicine tasting powder. At first I was like, meh okay, and then it started going into my throat and I immediately had to drink a gallon of water. (Okay, maybe that's a little too dramatic, but still.) My sister on the other hand lives on these things, so I'm going to give it to her. It would have been better if you didn't get a blast of powder in your mouth.

You can purchase individual pouches of these (with 1 shot in them) right on their website for $2.99 plus FREE SHIPPING! You can also use the code AEROSAVE25 for 25% off of your order. Meaning you can get 1 shot for $2.24!

025The next product in the box is a Pro Towel by Pro Gold Lubricants! This company was featured in the last box as well, with a different product! I'm very happy to see this brand again. These towels are a portable & convenient, waterless, no rinsing or drying way to wash your bike! It combines a powerful cleansing formula of solvents proven to be tough, yet safe, with a strong industrial strength dual-textured towel. It's absorbent and features a textured side for scrubbing and a smooth side for gentler applications. Scrub with textured side and wipe with smooth! These towels make simple cleaning bikes soiled by the toughest chain lube, dirt, grease and grime. From the card:
"Pro Gold: ProGold's heavy duty Pro Towels for bicycle clean-up are a must for each cyclists. Featuring a textured side for scrubbing and a smooth side for gentler applications, ProGold's Pro Towels have the toughest chain lube, dirt, grease and grime covered. BikeLoot switched out the ole' water & bucket for the Pro Towels...because they really WORK!"

Unfortunately, with my bike out of service until I can replace both tires, I have it stored in my basement. Having said that, although I haven't been able to use this towel yet, I think I will take it upstairs for a summer cleaning and really put this towel to the test. I'll know if I should purchase them for when my bike is ready to go! I love that these are simple and portable so you can take them anywhere with you!

Looking on their website, I can only find a container of these wipes. The container contains 90 wipes for $30.00. I wish they had the single packets like the one I received! That makes this sample $0.33

026

Next up is an EBoost All Natural Energy Packet in Orange. EBoost is a daily health booster that is full of vitamins, minerals, and super-nutrients, that deliver a boost of energy and immunity in an easy to mix effervescent packet. These packets contain no sugar, no artificial ingredients, and are low in calories so you can enjoy it every day! From the card:
"EBOOST: EBOOST is the ultimate natural fizzy combo of green tea, vitamins, and minerals. Packed with ingredients like Vitamins C, D, B6, B12, ect., EBOOST gives you a natural boost. Simply add water to the effervescent powder and stir or shake and your day is boosted. The Loot Dudes use EBOOST as a daily health booster to help stay active."

While writing this post, I actually got up in the middle of it, and made me a glass of this EBoost stuff! At first smell, it smelled just like orange soda! Weird :) I put it in a glass with a measured 8 fl. ounces of water in it, and started mixing. It foamed up really bad, and has a nice foam layer on the top. It looks like an orange beer! So cool! The taste actually isn't all that bad! It has a very light orangy taste, but compared to other "immunity boosting" drinks, this one is actually pretty good. It doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth! I think it might taste a little better with some ice, but that's just me.

You can purchase a box of 20 packets on their website for $28.00, making this 1 packet $1.40. You can use BIKELOOT30 to get 30% off of your order!

027

028

Next is a Wired Waffle in Bacon Maple. This, according to the packaging, is an energy shot in a waffle! This waffle is made with Bacon Salt. It is a gourmet Liege Style waffle with Sweet Pearl Sugar and Wired Wyatt's Energy blend. These were actually shown on one of my favorite shows, Shark Tank. From the card:
"Wired Waffles: A crazy delicious waffle with 200mg of caffeine packed in? YEP! Wired Waffles is one of the most unique energy products on the market...and are perfect for cyclists looking for tasty caffeine. Wired Waffles come in 3 yummy flavors and even have caffeinated Maple Syrup! BikeLoot loves to heat one up and chow down before heading out on a ride."

I was very disappointed in this product. I was so excited and intrigued to see this included in the box, but when I opened it up and tried it, it tasted very weird. It almost had a burned flavor to it, mixed with the type of medicine you have to take when you're basically on your deathbed with a terrible cold and cough. I thought "hmm...maybe heating it would be a little better". I did, and it made it worse! I was disgusted and threw the rest of it away.

If you're interested in these waffles, you can purchase a 12 pack for $30.00 on their website. Making this 1 pack, $2.50 

029Next is this 3 ML serving of CitriLyte by Elete. This is a pure liquid, electrolyte concentrate containing four essential electrolytes including magnesium, potassium, sodium, chloride--plus zinc! From the card:
"Elete Electrolytes: Elete Electrolytes is the original, pure electrolyte concentrate that kicks cramps' A--! It is critical to stay hydrated on all your rides and that is where Elete reigns supreme. A recent BikeLooter (age 57) completed over 230 miles in 24 hours in the Canyon and never experienced a cramp thanks to the use of Elete Electrolytes...so yeah...loot up!"

I haven't used this, but it sounds very interesting! I know I get cramps a LOT when I ride my bike, or even play basketball! I will certainly be using this very soon!

You can purchase a 2 fl. oz bottle of this on their website for $6.49, making this 3 ML sample about $0.33 You can use code BIKELOOT for 15% off your order.

031Last but not least is this All Natural Energy Shot by Body Glove Surge in Tropical Berry. These energy shots don't have any chemicals, and are made with green tea, coconut water, protein and honey! It increases alertness, extends endurance, and speeds reaction time. This also has more energy than the leading shot! From the card:
"Body Glove Surge: Body Glove SURGE is the first proven all natural energy shot. This energy shot delivers fast and long-lasting energy, increases your mental focus, makes you more alert, and bolsters your immune system...and it has no chemicals. You add all that together and you get the world's most perfect energy shot for cyclists. Need more? It only has 50 calories."

I absolutely LOVE this product! Usually energy shots don't work on me, but this one definitely did. I took this at about 2 PM, and was up all night until being able to sleep at 4 AM! So yes, it definitely works. Not to mention the taste is awesome! It really taste like the Blue Juicy Juice! I loved it! It went down super smooth, and really is awesome!

You can purchase a 12 Pack on their website for $27.99 making 1 bottle $2.33 

TOTAL: $9.88

While this box fell a little short of the $10 cost (plus $3 for shipping), I found the majority of the box rocked, which made up for it! Again, I loved almost every item (minus the AeroShot/Wired Waffle). I'm loving the energy products! Everyone needs energy nowadays, so those things are always good to receive. Not only do you receive energy items, but I love the monthly bike product as well! Last month was Chain Lube, this month was the Bike Towels. Both items are SO useful and it introduces you to fresh brands! I'm still a huge fan of Bike Loot, and always will be! Their boxes are such a nice surprise each month! :)

If you'd like to sign up for BikeLoot, visit their website and join! :D

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment