Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Graze Snack Box Unboxing & Review!

Hello all! I recently got a free code for a Snack Subscription Box called Graze. I've heard some positive and negatives about this company, but decided I did want to try it (considering it'd be free). For those who don't know, Graze is a weekly or bi-weekly subscription that costs $5, and they send you a small box with 4 different snacks. The sizes and portions are very small, but it is a snack, and not a meal. Right now it's really hard to get into this box, as you have to be put on a waiting list or get a code from a friend. Everytime a new person joins, they get a free code to pass on to their friend, and it's a chain of people joining. I find this to be a terrible approach to a box. It's not fair for the ones waiting and waiting to get into the group. I was lucky enough to be on a Subscription Box group on Facebook that started a chain of sharing, and I was given a code. I'm just going to tell people now, it's nothing spectacular. But I will get into that further down. The week of my box was August 1, 2013- August 7, 2013.

037

 

Here is a picture of the box. Mine got crushed and ripped, but luckily the contents were okay.

044When you open your box, there is a cute welcome card, letting you know what box you chose. The one I chose was the Nibble Box. The other choice you could get is the Light Box, which is the healthy version. The inside includes a little blurb, and a picture of the folks at graze. The card reads:
"Welcome to Graze! Here are a couple of things we'd like you to know: Graze is all about healthy snacking, so we think it's best to keep your box close at hand. That way, you can beat those 3pm junk food cravings with a perfect portion of something that will taste good and do you good. As you snack, you can rate your favorite foods online. It only takes a few minutes and it's the best way to make sure you get the boxes that are just right for you. Enjoy your first Graze Box."

045Attached to the card were these cute little notes. "This Box Belongs to: Mishelle", "Have You Been Working Out?" "I <3 U" and "You Look... a Million Dollars". These are to place on your boxes so no one touches them ;)

046These are the backsides of the cute little notes. Altogether they read "This Box Belongs To: Mishelle; If you're lucky, I might share." "Have You Been Working Out?; From Mishelle" "I <3 U; But... Hands off my craze box!" "You Look...A Million Dollars; From your buddy Mishelle."

038These are the snacks I received. Unfortunately, only 2 of them were actually good.

039When you lift out the tray of goodies, you get a napkin on a grass background! How cute!!

040The first snack I received was a 1.1 oz package of Black Pepper Pistachios. These are simply pistachios roasted with black pepper. On the website, it says they are best for fiber. For those wondering, there are 104 Calories in this pack.

049

 

These were actually very good. I thought they were awesome. The pepper flavor was great, and not over powering. My mom really loved them too. She was sad that the packaging was so small because she wanted more. That's one of the downfalls of this program. If you like the item, you get sad because the packaging is tiny. I wish they made bigger sizes. My dad also enjoyed them :)

041The next snack was this 0.99 oz package of Scandinavian Forest. It is a "tasty snack with lingonberries from the forests of Finland. This punnet doesn't just look pretty, it's a good source of Vitamin C." The mix has lingonberries, blueberries, cherry raisins, and apple. It has a Health Star because it's really healthy. This has 76 Calories.

010In my opinion, this was actually pretty weird. It was just so dry. The apples were soft, and very sour. The texture was awful. The cherry raisins were also sour. The lingonberries, or the items I think were them, were the only good part. This was a waste of snack for me. My mom also likes the lingonberries, and my niece thought everything was too sour.

042Next is a 0.71 oz package of the Herb Garden. This is a snack mix that includes oregano rice crackers, crispy peanuts, and baked herb bites. It's considered light, as it has 105 calories.

071These were TERRIBLE. I saw "herb garden" and I was thinking like bread sticks, or croutons. Oh no, this stuff is heavily spiced with terrible spices. I ended up literally spitting it out. My mom will most likely like these, so I'll give them to her. I was highly disappointed with these.

043The last snack was this 1.9 oz package of Summer Berry Flapjack. It's a rustic rolled oat flapjack with berry-infused cranberries. It's a fiber filled snack, and is 236 calories.

011Oh. My. God. These were out of this world. I love the buttery taste of them, and the way the cranberries just add so much flavor. I literally want a whole tub of these. My niece also really loved them. My mom, who I had saved a piece for, never tried it because I'm eating it as I write this 0:)

Overall, I think the size of the contents really makes this NOT worth the $5. When I spend money, I want to get a good value from it. I don't think these are worth $5. Although I really likes the Flapjack, and the Pistachios, I don't think it's enough to keep me interested in this program. Maybe if they decide to change it so you can purchase bigger quantities, I may just go for it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. I've never heard of this. Honestly, it looks a little funny but the health nut in me wants to try it so now I'm off to google it. I'm now following you on Bloglovin'. Have yourself an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are a really cool idea! I have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. I haven't heard of this box, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete