Monday, August 19, 2013

Goodies Co. July 2013 Unboxing & Review!

I received my 2nd Goodies box last month (it's a little late...I know, but better late than never, right?). I was so excited to get this in the mail, but wasn't too excited about the products inside, but I will get into that later on. If you don’t know what Goodies Co is, it’s a monthly subscription box in which you pay a flat $7 a month, and receive a box full (5-8) of goodies at your doorstep! $7 a month is ridiculously cheap and awesome for what you get in here (sometimes). You can read my last review on Goodies, which was back in April. Luckily, I now can get it Monthly, and will be recieving Septembers box next month, and the August Kids Goodies Box this month. Any ways, I love Goodies, even if sometimes it's a bad box! For $7, you can't really complain.

049This was my July Goodies Box! There was 5 items in here, as you can see. I was upset they did away with the aqua colored box, and exchanged it with this pastel green, but oh well, I'm not paying for the box itself am I?

050The first item inside was this full sized Fruit Water from Glaceau (Vitamin Water makers) in Black Raspberry. This is a sparkling, zero calorie water that is enhanced with nutrients and other natural flavors. It has vitamins b5 & b6, magnesium, zinc, and green tea extract. I'm not going to lie, at first I wasn't excited about this item. My niece got the same exact box I did, and when she came to spend the night she let me try her Fruit Water. I thought it tasted horrible. I decided to throw mine in the refrigerator and try it nice and cold, and boy did it make a difference. It's really good chilled! I thought the fizziness was off putting though. I don't like sparkling anything really, unless it's soda. This really wasn't that bad though! I'm not even a black raspberry person!

You can find Fruit Water in stores such as Target for around $1.00 (I'm saying this because last time I went there that's how much they were)

051Next was a .5 Oz bag of Multi-Seed Crackers from Crunchmaster in original. These crackers are oven baked, all natural, 100% whole grain, and cholesterol and gluten free! From their website:
"The name says it all. This versatile favorite is packed with delicious toasted seeds (sesame, quinoa, flax and amaranth) and is lightly seasoned with a wheat free tamari soy sauce."

009These crackers look intimidating, but they're great. They look so shiny and bumpy, but are delicious. I love the taste and texture of them! The only thing is, is that they are very VERY hard to chew. It's almost a mixture of being dense, but also almost stale. It doesn't taste stale, but the crunch feels it. I love the pumpkinish taste that it has, and the saltiness! My mom said they're good too!

You can purchase a 2 Pack of 4.5 ounce bags on their website for $7.05, making this .5 oz size about $0.39 

052Next is a .7 oz Cosmos Creations in Caramel! These are heavenly morsels of baked corn. They use all natural ingredients, are Non-GMO, gluten free, have no transfat, have no kernels and no Hulls!

007These little bundles of caramel corn really taste like caramel popcorn without the crappy pieces that get stuck in your teeth (the hulls)! I think these are really good, and taste like Kellogg Smacks. The only thing I have a problem with is that the caramel kind of tastes burnt. I'm not sure if that's what they all taste like, or I got a bad batch. My mom said she had to chew the product to actually get any flavor out it it. She said she likes these, and doesn't even like caramel popcorn.

You can purchase a 2.5 oz bag on their website for $2.49 making this .7 oz bag about $0.70

053Next is a 2.75 oz bag of Cherry Lovers Fruit Chews from Gimbals. These chews are made with REAL Cherry Juice, are high in antioxidants and vitamin C too! They have no high fructose corn syrup, are peanut free, tree nut free, dairy free, egg free, gluten free, trans fat free, gelatin free and soy free! They come in 9 delicious flavors including Chocolate Cherry, Bing Cherry, Cherry Daiquiri, Kiwi Cherry, Black Cherry, Wild Cherry, Cherry Vanilla, Cherry Cheesecake and Cherry Cola.

010I've tried them all, but the one that stuck out most to me is the Cherry Cheesecake. This literally tasted like a cherry cheesecake! I was super impressed with the realistic flavor! I made my mom try it and she loved it too! The worst one is probably the Chocolate Cherry one...artificial chocolate flavor is terrible...

You can purchase the same bag on their website for $1.29

054Lastly is a 2 oz bag of Corn Chips with Sea Salt from The Better Chip. These are made from fresh corn, are non-GMO, gluten free and are 100% all natural.

008I thought these were very good! I thought they tasted like a sweeter Frito. Although they tasted good, they did seem a little stale. If they wouldn't have a stale crunch to them, they'd be a lot better. My little Chihuahua also really enjoyed them :) My mom thought they were good too!

You can purchase a bag of 18 of these on Amazon for $21.24, making each bag $1.18

TOTAL: $4.56 

I really didn't care for this box as I said above. I think the value of the box really stunk, and the items weren't that great. They were very plain. I mean, a bag of corn chips? Although they were good, I didn't think they should have been put in the bag without any dipping sauce or anything. Also, the Multi-Seed crackers were very boring too. Hopefully Septembers box is better!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment