Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bulu Box & Bulu Weightloss July 2013 Unboxings & Reviews!

I will be posting the Original Bulu Box and Bulu Box Weightloss in one blog instead of multiple :) This is of the July 2013 boxes!

For those who don’t know, the original Bulu Box is a monthy subscription service in which you pay $10 a month for a box of 4-5 premium samples plus lifestyle extras from time to time. As the first and only vitamin and supplement sample box, this box includes a well-rounded sampling of vitamins and supplements that help in all areas of health. Every box is a feel good discovery.

Bulu Box Weightloss is also a monthly subscription service in which you pay $10 a month for a box of 4-5 premium weight loss samples such as vitamin and supplement samples, fitness gear and healthy eating tools. The first and only weight loss subscription box, this box was designed with the specific goal of weight loss in mind. Discover products to help you succeed with weight loss.

I will be reviewing and unboxing the Original Bulu first!

048Here is the overall preview of my box.

056The first item in the box is this $30 "Free Gift" to Daily Burn. Now, I put this in parenthesis, because this is basically free for anyone to use. All you have to do is go to dailyburn.com/bulu. There is no codes or anything, so it's not really a special gift. This supposedly allows you to burn fat anywhere at anytime with apps and videos you can download onto your MP3, Phone or tablet. From the card:
"Daily Burn: Daily Burn allows you to burn fat anywhere by giving you access to an enormous library of workouts spanning all areas of fitness. The best part? The videos are accessible on any device and anywhere you have internet connection."

The "Free Gift" was 30 days free, and $20 to spend on nutritional supplements. I went to sign up, and you had to give payment details (i.e. your credit card). I was a little disappointed because I have one card, a Jingit card, and it says they "do not accept debit cards". Well...then I guess you don't accept my business either, because that's all I have. This was a very dumb product to put in the box. I'm also wondering if you'd have to spend your OWN money for the "$20".

I'm not even counting this towards the total of my box...

057The next item is a little 2 tablet sample packet of Acid by Erba Vita.  These tablets are supposed to support a healthy pH of the stomach. It contains all natural ingredients that soothe and promote healthy neutralizing of acids in the stomach. It contains coral calcium carbonate, licorice extract, green clay and chamomile. It is GMO-Free, Gluten Free, has no artificial colors, no preservatives, no dairy, no lactose, no soy, fish/shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, or yeast! From the card:
"Erba Vita Acid: A balanced pH creates a health balance within your digestive system to maximize your metabolism and keep your body happy and regular. Create a feeling of whole body wellness by keeping your digestive system in check."

I haven't tried this product yet, but I'm very interested. I have terrible stomach problems due to IBS, and I'm always suffering even when I feel "good". I'm wondering if this really does work, but it stinks they didn't give a couple packets considering you need 2 each dosage...

Bulu Box screwed up somewhere, because the card said that it's $15.59 for 30 pills, yet their website says $22.49 for 30... I'm going to go with the card and say these pills are $0.52 a piece, making it $1.04 altogether.

059Next were two Performance Energy Blends from PowerBar. 1 was in Apple Mango Strawberry, the other was Banana Blueberry. These easy to eat packages give fast energy to muscles and are made with real fruit! They are gluten free, and have no artificial flavors or colors. From the card:
"PowerBar Performance Energy Blends: Fuel your body before, during and after exercise with natural ingredients like bananas and blueberries. Energy blends make the perfect on-the-go boost for the endurance athlete in you."

My niece and I absolutely LOVED these! They were so easy to eat, and tasted really good. I thought the banana one tasted like baby food, which is always good. We ate them warm, but I feel that they'd be better chilled. I love that you can just take the packet and go, no need for spoons or straws. I also love it has a resealable cap on it! I actually had 300 Bulu Points to spend, so I bought a 6 pack of the Banana Blueberry ones.

Again, Bulu screwed up, the card says $13.59 for 6 servings, website is $14.59 for 6...I'm going with the website considering that's how much I had to pay. That makes each of these $2.43 and a total of $4.86 

060Next is a single serving packed of Ripped Cream in Lean Vanilla Bean. This is an all natural, Gluten Free Protein coffee creamer. From the card:
"Ripped Cream: Don't settle for weak coffee- make it as ripped as you are! Ripped Cream is the first ever high-protein coffee creamer packed with vitamin D3 and 11 amino acids."

I'm not a huge coffee fan, so I haven't tried this. I'll be passing it on to either my mom or dad. I do, however, enjoy the title...it's very clever :)

You can purchase a bag of 11 servings for $11.99 making the single serving $1.09 

055Next is one of my favorites! It's a 2 tablet sample packet of Vivarin Caffeine Alertness Aid. This is a great sample because I've tried it before and love it! This comes with 2 tablets, as I mentioned before, which means there are two separate usages in there! Each tablet contains 200mg of caffeine. It also came with a $2.00 coupon! Awesome! From the card:
"Vivarin: Driven by caffeine, Vivarin is a safe and effective method to keep your mind and body alert and focused. Use in the mornings instead of coffee or before a workout to maximize efficiency."

As I said above, I love these things. I tried them before after getting a sample in the mail and loved it! Usually energy items don't really work on me, but these definitely do! I'm actually considering taking one right now so it will give me energy to clean the house :)

You can purchase a 40 ct. bottle on Bulu for $6.99, making each tablet $0.18, and the total $0.36 

058

 

Last but not least is this sample pack of Zellies Xylitol Mints and Gum. This came with a packet of 2 Cool Fruit mints, a packet of 2 Cool Mint mints, and 1 piece of Spearmint gum. All Natural Zellies are perfect for helping protect teeth after meals, drinks and snacks. Zellies can be used for fresher breath and stronger, healthier teeth. They are sweetened with 100% xylitol, have no artificial sweeteners, and are naturally sugar free. They help prevent damage from plaque, protect and strengthen teeth, and are a new way to care for your teeth. From the card:
"Zellies Xylitol Gum & Mints: Xylitol, found in Zellies Gum and Mints, rids the mouth of sticky harmful bacteria while promoting growth of tooth-protective bacteria."

The Fruit Mints are so good! They're tiny but last a while, and have a tangy taste to them. The cool mints are very strong, but good! I love the instant tingle it gives. I haven't tried the gum yet, but I'm sure I'll like it. I did end up purchasing a container of the Cool Fruit gum from Bulu with the rest of my points.

You can purchase a 100 ct. container of any of these gums for $12.50, making the single piece $0.13 You can purchase a 250 ct. bottle of Mints for $12.50, making all 4 samples $0.20 

TOTAL: $7.68 

This box wasn't anything spectacular, and didn't even reach the $10 total that box had...I guess if you wanted to add in the Daily Burn, but I didn't because I couldn't use it .

Next was the Weightloss box.

047I got all of the same items except two.

061One of the different items I received was a 4 energy tablet packet of Shortcutz by Rival-Us. These are a way to shortcut your diet and workout to get rid of weight faster. From the card:
"Rivalus Short Cutz: Give your body the very best ingredients for weight loss with Short Cutz. It contains powerful thermogenic energy, fat shrinking CLA, taurine and Dr. Oz recommended raspberry ketones. Short Cuts is also formulated with ginger root extract to aid digestion and ease stomach discomfort."

I haven't tried these out yet, but they seem interesting. The only thing I don't like is that on the back it says take 1-3 tablets, yet they give 4?

This is very expensive...you can purchase a 30 ct. container from Bulu for $56.99 making each individual pill $1.90 and a total of $7.60! That is ridiculous!

062The only other different item I got was Total Soy Meal Replacement from Naturade. This is a delicious protein shake that helps lose weight and reduce cholesterol. From the card:
"Naturade Total Soy: At only 140 calories, Naturade Total Soy is the perfect meal replacement shake to help you lose weight and reduce cholesterol. High in protein and low in calories, this all natural soy protein is the best start to your day or post-workout meal."

I haven't tried this, and most likely won't as I can't stand soy. I may pass this on to my brother-in-law who usually tries anything I don't like or want to ;) He's the guinea pig.

You can purchase a 19 oz. container on Bulu for $12.99, making this $1.24 

The other items included in this box:

058

You can purchase a 100 ct. container of any of these gums for $12.50, making the single piece $0.13 You can purchase a 250 ct. bottle of Mints for $12.50, making all 4 samples $0.20 

055

You can purchase a 40 ct. bottle on Bulu for $6.99, making each tablet $0.18, and the total $0.36 

059

Again, Bulu screwed up, the card says $13.59 for 6 servings, website is $14.59 for 6...I'm going with the website considering that's how much I had to pay. That makes each of these $2.43 and a total of $4.86 

056

TOTAL: $14.03 

I always find that the Weightloss box is worth more than the normal box. I'm glad I got double samples of the PowerBar Blends, the Vivarin and the Xylitol candies though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!! Another box I think I want to try!! This really sounds great. When you workout, who can't use a couple supplements. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Yes...this box ROCKS! I just got the August one, holy cow do I love the items in it! :) The post will be up shortly. :)

    ReplyDelete